With the unemployment such a prominent part of every day’s news cycle, we wanted to do our part to help members of the eTourism recruit qualified candidates for open positions. Recently we were contacted by Mark Mamber of TripAdvisor, sponsor of the opening reception, about a new International Sales position that opened up. Below you’ll find the description. If you know anyone who meets the qualifications below, can contact Mark a firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (310)480-0587.
International Advertising Sales Manager, working with DMO
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow the company’s rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, and resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication, organization, management skills as well as a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual new sales targets.
What We Seek
- 3-5 years experience selling online advertising with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $2 million
- 5+ years of media sales experience
- Recent and successful track record of sales to the travel industry is a plus.
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, as well as with meeting clients in person.
- Experience bundling different types of advertising products (e.g. CPM media, sponsorships, text links, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experienced business judgment: Must be positive, persistent and professional Bachelors degree required
- The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions.
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; overdeveloped sales egos must be checked at the door.