Over 500 attendees, representing a diverse array of travel companies and press, tuned in to PhoCusWright’s recent Online Event, Truth, Myth and Pith: PhoCusWright’s 2011 Travel Industry Trends. PhoCusWright analysts revealed their picks for this year’s top ten trends – and attendees weighed in on which ones THEY think will be most impactful.
And the winner is… “Mobile” is not a trend.
The other top nine 2011 trends are:
- Vacations (finally) Make a Comeback
- Emerging Markets: No Internet, No Problem
- Air Distribution: As Clear as Mud
- Google-ITA: If Not Plan A, the Onto Plan B
- Suppliers Get Smart about Smart Technologies
- Suppliers Claw Their Way Back
- Emerging Markets: Which Ones Are Real?
- Private Sale: Flash of Brilliance or Flash in the Pan
- Tablet Wars Spark a Travel Revolution
Download a PDF of the findings at the following .http://www.phocuswright.com/free_downloads?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonv6XBZKXonjHpfsX67OooW7Hr08Yy0EZ5VunJEUWy2oEASNQhcOuuEwcWGog80ARXGfWGa5JJ%2Ff1J