Troy Thompson of Travel 2.0 appointed as “guest curator” for E-Tourism Summit. We are pleased to announce that E-Tourism Summit is working with Troy Thompson, managing editor of the popular Travel 2.0 blog and a self-described “technopologist,” who will be this year’s guest curator–assisting us with topic selection, speaker outreach and moderating panels. Troy is a respected blogger and consultant in the field of travel marketing and we’re delighted to have him participate. Here’s Troy on E-Tourism Summit: “The E-Tourism Summit is a fantastic networking and educational opportunity for anyone within the tourism industry. The blend of technical and real-world expertise…in the areas of social media, mobile technology and interactive marketing…being pulled together for this year’s event is simply unsurpassed.” You can view his latest post on the 5 Signs of a Poor e-mail Campaign at: http://travel2dot0.com/
To register at the Early Bird rate go to: http://www.etourismsummit.com/e-tourism-summit-2010-fees-and-registration.html
New Topics Added to E-Tourism Summit Agenda:
How Hotels Can Direct Travelers To Book Through Their Sites Instead of the OTA’s
- Find out how the Delta Chelsea Hotel in Toronto was able to persuade consumers to book through their site instead of the OTA’s, even when their rate was higher.
- How Delta Chelsea employed video to engage consumers with increase proven conversion.
- Producing affordable video that will engage consumers across multiple channels
- Strategies to capture OTA bookers’ contact information at reception for future use.
Presenters: Ken Gruber, Director of Marketing, Delta Chelsea Hotel, Toronto (C) Andrea Burke, president, Burke Communications.(C)
And Now …Presenting the Industry’s First “Living” logo?
- How Singapore created the first brand logo designed specifically for interactive media
- What is the reasoning behind it?
- What have the results shown about this?
You Can’t Fool Mother Nature, But Can you Fool Google?
- An overview of the search marketing landscape: Google, Bing+Yahoo!
- What are the most recent changes in conventional SEO tactics?
- Will “share” engines (social media sites) replace “search” engines*
- What is the relationship between text, images and video that affect search rankings?
- Should marketers optimize differently for Yahoo! Google and Bing?
- How to optimize search rankings without social media
- Search engine keyword research, the basics
Presenter: Scott Fish, Director of SEO, Engine Works
For complete agenda go to: www.etourismsummit.com