Social Media Producer Workshop
June 10-11, 2010, Hyatt Regency Grand Cyprus Resort, Orlando, FL
June 10, 2010: 9:00-5:00 pm (includes lunch)
Provisional Program (subject to change)
(i)=invited but not yet confirmed, (c)=confirmed)
Workshop Topics (and presenters) include:
9:00-10:30 am: Fundamentals of Building Social Media Program• The latest techniques to build fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter
• Guidelines to follow: (How frequent should we post; specific posting content for hotels, attractions and DMO’s)
• How to build and staff Social Media department on a limited budget
• How to calculate ROI on Social Media
• Integrating social media into an overall marketing program
Martin Stoll, CEO, Goseetell.com (C) , Josh Hallet, Hyku.com (c), Michael Stitt, Producer, Travelzoo.com (c)
10:30-12:00 noon: How to become findable and sharable in Social Media: Building SEO and SEM• Using social media to raise search rankings on Google
• Using videos on Youtub.com to increase search rankings
• Latest trends in Search Engine Marketing and SEO
• Driving engagement and traffic to your website from Social Media
Presenter: Hillary Bressler, President, .ComMarketing (C) Tom Wyvill, Account Strategist, Google (i) ; Anand Pallegar, CEO, At Large, Inc. (i)12:00-1:30pm: Lunch
2:00-pm-3:30 PM: Managing Your Reputation Online
• How to combat negative reviews on TripAdvisor and other Social Media sites.
• What are the latest online applications available to monitor your reputation online
• Developing a “rapid response” team in house to address negative reviews
• Case Study Panel: How hotel companies monitor negative reviews and how they staff their online department
Presenters: Jim Brody, TripAdvisor.com; (c) Rob Phillips, Standing Dog Interactive, Kimberly Ercius (I) Milestone Internet Marketing, E-Buzz Connect (monitoring phrases and keywords by department) TBA (Case Study—best practice)
4:00-4:45 pm: Mobile Marketing Applications
• How to Use Social Media and Mobile Marketing Applications
• New I-Pad Applications
Invited presenters: Marla Norris Johnson, CEO (I), Aristotle Interactive, Leah Woolford, CEO USDM.net (I)
4:45-5:30 pm: Marketing To International Visitors Online.
With the recent passage of the Travel Promotion Act, there will be $200 million available to market the U.S. This session looks at ways that travel marketers can leverage the existing tools to piggyback on this marketing effort.
• Using Social Media to build B2B relationships with tour operators and receptives
• How to leverage your international marketing efforts to take advantage of the new (potentially $200 mn/year) funding from the Travel Promotion Act, which was passed on March 4th.
June 11, 2010 PRIVATE CONSULTATION SESSIONS:
How it works: Workshop participants may sign up for 20-minute consultation sessions with our expert presenters to help find solutions to problems or find advice.
One on One Private Consultation Sessions:
Attendees will sign up for 20-minute private consultation sessions with our presenters to discuss specific problems and issues pertaining
Each participant will receive an “Social Media Producer” Certificate